Software Engineer (DevOps)
Sensmetry is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to build & maintain Software & Data Science Development Lifecycle systems in the growing field of safety and reliability of safety- and mission-critical cyber-physical systems. The main domains of application include aerospace and land vehicles. In addition, the candidate will contribute to internal IT systems & infrastructure strategy, development, maintenance, and security.
List of responsibilities
- Take ownership in creating, maintaining and improving CI/CD workflows for projects;
- Take ownership in creating, maintaining and improving data & its processing infrastructure (data storage, distributed processing, data pipelines) for projects;
- Automate testing, verification and develop necessary infrastructure (e.g., SIL/PIL rig setup);
- Automate performance monitoring and evaluation;
- Provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of server infrastructure (public, private, and hybrid cloud setups)
- Monitor (e.g., budget, utilization) cloud infrastructure;
- Support in deploying prototypes;
- Support in deploying (server/cloud) software for evaluation/testing;
- Support with internal IT systems & infrastructure strategy, its development, maintenance, and security.
- Share knowledge and help colleagues improve development & IT systems, processes, and skills.
Education and skills (required)
- 2+ years of experience in IT as a Systems Administrator or DevOps engineer or equivalent experience;
- Experience with modern programming, scripting, and configuration languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Bash, YAML);
- Experience with modern infrastructure stacks like Linux, cloud, and microservices;
- Creating and maintaining infrastructure with cloud providers (eg, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure);
- Sound understanding of the practices involved in containerization including Docker (experience with Vagrant is a plus);
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment;
- Understanding of configuration management and IaC practices and tools (e.g., Helm, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible);
- Working proficiency in English.
- Experience setting up & working with different types of databases (e.g., distributed, relational, graph, etc.) and data pipelines;
- Experience with additional configuration languages (e.g., DHALL, CUE lang, JSONNET, etc.);
- Experience working in an international team;
- Experience with PIL test rig configuration.
- Proven curiosity and eagerness to follow, learn, and apply new relevant DevOps & Software engineering methods and technologies.
- Proactivity to notice areas for improvement and take leadership to initiate positive changes;
- Ability to effectively manage own time, work on different tasks and collaborate in the team;
- ‘Throw anything at me’ attitude (i.e. flexibility to work on a range of topics outside the main competence area and learn in the process);
- Eagerness to contribute to the company mission (see Manifesto).
- Work within an ambitious international team of professionals solving challenges in safety- and mission-critical cyber-physical systems with cutting edge technologies;
- Possibilities to contribute and professionally grow in a rapidly developing company;
- Full-time employment with a standard 40-hour work week based in our office in either Vilnius, Lithuania or Uppsala, Sweden.
- Competitive compensation;
- Semi-annual employee review process, incl. salary revision;
- Individual competence development budget (both time and financial resources).