Senior Systems & Controls Engineer
Vilnius, Lithuania, or Uppsala, Sweden EngineeringFull Time
Posted: 1 March 2022
Role DescriptionSensmetry is seeking a professional with 3+ years of industry experience for the role of Senior Systems & Controls Engineer. This is a position focused on the technical & project leadership aspects of systems analysis, modelling and controls design for safety and mission-critical cyber-physical systems. The main domains of application include aerospace, land, and marine vehicles.
The candidate will contribute their project management, systems engineering, modelling, and analytical skills to a range of R&D projects at Sensmetry, for both external consulting projects and internal product development. The candidate will be expected to contribute to both technical and project leadership topics, applying their existing experience and knowledge to defined projects. A genuine interest in systems & controls engineering, mathematical modelling, and autonomous systems is crucial for the candidate to continue to deepen the knowledge and expand their skillset in these areas. Moreover, the candidate will contribute on technical writing & communication, information & project organisation tasks.
Though the position is multi-disciplinary, requiring appropriate experience and flexibility on behalf of the candidate, it is understood that the candidate might wish to narrow focus and specialize more in one particular area of knowledge as the company continues to grow, develop and diversify.
Proven curiosity and eagerness• To follow and apply new relevant systems engineering methods and technologies, especially in the autonomous systems, safety-critical systems & mission-critical systems domains.
• ‘Throw anything at me’ attitude (i.e. flexibility to work on a range of topics outside their main competence area and learn in the process).
• Eagerness to contribute to the company mission (see Manifesto).
Education and skills• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in one of the domains of Physics, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics / Electrical Engineering or related fields.
• 3+ years industrial experience in engineering, science or mathematics.
• Knowledge of foundational systems & controls engineering concepts, technologies, and topics, as well as to possess practical controls development skills and toolchain knowledge, including experience with MATHWORKS toolchain of Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow.
• Knowledge of at least one of the following controls engineering methodologies: Model Predictive Control, LQR, or Classical Control Theory.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
Advantages (not mandatory)• Master’s Degree or higher in one of the domains of Physics, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics / Electrical Engineering or related fields.
• 1+ years experience with SysML and Cameo Systems Modeller or other MBSE tools.
• 1+ years experience in model-based controls and software development.
• Knowledge of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis methodology and standards.
• Familiarity with C/C++ or Python.
• Embedded software development.
More broadly, familiarity or experience with any of the following – engineering science, software, control theory, robotics, electronics, physics, mathematics, logic, machine learning, statistics, information organization and/or management practices – is considered a great asset.
Responsibilities• R&D consulting & development on client projects
– Model Based Systems Engineering analysis and development;
– Control & monitoring systems modelling & development.
• Internal product development work
– Iterative ‘build, test & learn’ approach;
– System modelling & conceptualization.
• Additional responsibilities may include
– Technical writing & communication;
– Information & project organization.
• Project management & organizational skills.
Employment details• Full-time employment with a standard 40-hour work week.
• Competitive salary compensation.
• Semi-annual employee review process, incl. salary revision.
• Individual competence development budget (both time and financial resources).