Embedded Software Engineer
Vilnius, Lithuania, or Uppsala, Sweden EngineeringFull Time
Posted: 1 March 2022
Role DescriptionSensmetry is seeking a capable individual for the entry level role of Embedded Software Engineer. This is a position focussed on technical aspects of embedded software development for both for safety and mission-critical cyber-physical systems. The main domains of application include aerospace and land vehicles.
The candidate will contribute their embedded software development skills to a range of R&D projects at Sensmetry, for both external consulting projects and internal product development. The candidate is expected to possess some knowledge of embedded systems development, as well as to possess some practical skills and toolchain knowledge, including embedded software development and debugging tools. In addition, a general genuine interest in embedded software and systems engineering, mathematical modelling, and autonomous systems is crucial for the candidate to continue to deepen the knowledge and expand their skillset in these areas while at Sensmetry. Lastly, the candidate is expected to help on technical writing & communication tasks.
Though the position is multi-disciplinary, requiring appropriate experience and flexibility on behalf of the candidate, it is understood that the candidate might wish to narrow focus and specialize more in one particular area of knowledge as the company continues to grow, develop and diversify.
Proven curiosity and eagerness• To follow and apply new relevant systems engineering methods and technologies, especially in the autonomous systems, safety-critical systems & mission-critical systems domains
• ‘Throw anything at me’ attitude (i.e. flexibility to work on a range of topics outside their main competence area and learn in the process)
• Eagerness to contribute to the company mission (see Manifesto)
Education and skills• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in one of the domains of Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics / Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
• 1+ years industry experience in embedded software development.
• Experience with C/C++ development.
• Hands on experience with embedded systems development and programming
• Fluent written and spoken English.
Advantages (not mandatory)• Knowledge of comms protocols: UART, I2C, SPI, TCP/IP
• Basic electronics knowledge and use of basic lab equipment (i.e. logic analyzer)
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues, debugging
• Embedded µARM (M0-M7) I2C, SPI, ADC, DAC, timers, IRQ, DMA
• Experience with another programming language, i.e. Python
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Experience with GIT
More broadly, familiarity or experience with any of the following – engineering science, software, control theory, robotics, electronics, physics, mathematics, logic, machine learning, statistics, information organization and/or management practices – is considered a great asset.
Responsibilities• R&D consulting & development on client projects
• Embedded software development for mission critical systems
• Proposing solutions to client problems
• Internal product development work
• Iterative ‘build, test & learn’ approach
• Contribute towards achieving team goals
• Additional responsibilities may include:
• Technical writing & communication
Employment details• Full-time employment with a standard 40-hour work week
• Semi-annual employee review process, incl. salary revision
• Competitive salary compensation
• Individual competence development budget (both time and financial resources)